Lap Band Surgery.
Lap band surgery induces weight loss in patients by limiting food consumption.
Lap band surgery is performed by keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery. Lap band (laparoscopic band) means a band fitted laparoscopically. Lap band surgery involves placing an inflatable band around the top of the stomach, creating a pouch, with a small opening. The width of the opening, determined by the lap band limits how quickly food enters the rest of the stomach.
Inflating the lap band makes the opening narrower. This is done after the lap band operation by injecting fluid into the lap band by a small tube.
The lap band is inflated to create the desired opening a few weeks after the lap band surgery, allowing swelling caused by the lap band surgery to settle down. The lap band can be inflated or deflated as necessary.
Finding Your Lap Band Surgeon
Locating the right lap band surgeon to perform your lap band surgery is crucial.
Your lap band surgeon should be GMC accredited in general surgery and should be experienced in lap band surgery. He should have a high success rate in lap band surgery. Above all, you should be comfortable asking your lap band surgeon questions and discussing your options.
Finding Your Gastric Bypass Surgeon.
Locating the right gastric bypass surgeon to perform your gastric bypass surgery is crucial. Your gastric bypass surgeon should be GMC accredited in general surgery and should be experienced in gastric bypass surgery. He should have a high success rate in gastric bypass surgery. Above all, you should be comfortable asking your gastric bypass surgeon questions and discussing your gastric bypass options.
UK Lap Band Surgery
Why choose Landauer for your lap band surgery?
- Landauer is the most established lap band surgery organisation in the UK.
- We employ some of the most respected surgeons in the field of lap band surgery.
- Landauer gives comprehensive advice on lap band surgery including fixed price lap band surgery.
- We only use lap band surgeons who are fully accredited GMC consultant surgeons and leaders in the field of lap band surgery.
- We offer a full range of weight loss surgery procedures, including the gastric bypass weight loss surgery and the lap band weight loss surgery.
- We provide lap band surgery to thousands of clients throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland in the UK's leading private hospitals such as BUPA.
UK Plastic Surgery Hospitals
For more information or to book a consultation with a lap band surgeon call now on 0844 335 6126. Lines open 9am - 9.30pm 7 days a week.
Your lap band surgery consultation can normally take place within 2 weeks with the possibility of the lap band surgery following about 2 weeks later.
Contact us today to arrange a lap band consultation.
Further Reading on Lap Band Surgery
Independent and impartial information online: